Thursday, August 10, 2006

We've changed to "6 Below"

I've given up on my "group blog" idea. I've released the blog to blogger.com for anyone to find, and changed the name to "6 Below."

Why "6 Below" ? Well, first, it wasn't taken. And second, 6 represents the number of items that I try and focus on each day. Mary Kay read about a consultant that helped corporate executives to become more effecient by concentrating on just 6 "to-do" items each day, and she made the practice a hallmark of her businesses operating model. Psychitrist tell us that there is a finite number of "windows" that the human mind can keep open at any one time, I think it's between 6 and 8.

"Below," is below the surface, where all real value exist. It's representative of thinking, digging, and exploring that which isn't easily seen.

These two things, together, represent my postings as they have evolved, and my mindset in life and in business. I think they represent the mindset of most entrepreneurial people as a whole - we're always looking to find a "leg up," an advantage, a better way to do things. We're building the better mouse trap and changing the world by solving its problems.

-Brian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home